Friday, January 9, 2009

In the Middle of the Road

I realized yesterday that any excuse I could ever use regarding my age and not knowing better is pretty much come and gone. In less than 2 months I will be 26. I will officially be over that hill of innocence. Then I realized my next milestone is 30. Holy ____ 30? I am way too young to be close to that number.  Then I remember what I constantly hear from good friends who are in there 30’s. They have always said their 30’s were better than their 20’s. So I start thinking about this concept. I will have money, a job, a husband, and stability, where as my 20’s (at least the beginning) was full of empty bank accounts, late nights studying and parting, nights spent trying to look like million bucks to find a guy when all I wanted to do was drink and pass out. So as I get to the top of this 20’s hill, I brace for the fast ride down and will keep parting like a rock star!

Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.

George Bernard Shaw

No comments: