Monday, February 1, 2010

The verdict

Sorry it’s been so long. Between our house warming party and J’s birthday I have not stopped in the past week. So last Tuesday I went in for the normal poking and parading. I have to say first of all I LOVE my new Dr. She questioned me on a few things on my chart that have happened in the past year and then went into proactive mode! She asked me about my cycle and things that go on in the month and the normal things. She then tells me she wants to run a few test and see where we stand. We talk about the fact that if I know nothing is wrong I am fine with just seeing what happens in the next year. So when were done we talk about what kind of test she wants me to do.

First up a set of X-rays this is already scheduled for this coming Friday.

Next blood work on the 3rd day of my cycle and 8 days after my first positive on my ovulation test.

When all of this is complete we will sit and go over all the results together.

The problem with this. My only complaint is if one of these bloodwork days falls on the weekend I have to wait until the next month to do it. And of course this has already happened. My day 3 hit this past Saturday. If it comes up again next month I may just ask if I can go in on the day and get it done. So this is where we stand in the testing stage. Honestly I am excited someone is on the same page as I am but it just feels weird. I think I am more disappointed we have gotten to this point. In the process of his J and I’s mind set is starting to change. We’re both kind of thinking is it meant to happen to us? After a miscarriage and then all of this should we just let whatever happens happen? Maybe we not meant to be parents? Why are we trying so hard to change something that is perfect now? We are happy, we have money, and we are comfortable so why would you want to rock the boat? I guess we are just in that phase of why? We are past the “this is just what we are suppose to do, this is the next thing on our life list we are suppose to do” phase. We don’t know, these things are just suppose to happen. We aren’t supposed to plan these things.

So that’s the mind set right now. So we are going to do the testing. At least we can have the information either way.

No comments: