Monday, June 15, 2009

Tornados are not fun!

Crazy doesn’t even start to describe my weekend. We finally picked a floor plan for our house! YEAH. It only took 4 hours of negations on Friday. I was fried when we left. But, we should get the permits in 2 weeks and then break ground. I will keep the pics updated.


We or I should say I had the scariest moment in my life yesterday. I was driving to the in-laws to pick up the pups. As I am heading west the sky is just black. Not that scary grey I’m talking BLACK. So I keep driving. Lately every afternoon there is some kind of storm going on but nothing serious. Well as soon as I pass over a major intersection it was like a wall of water just came down, and not but 2 seconds later I hear the sirens. So as everyone else is doing I exit off the interstate. Luckily it’s where I have to get off anyway. As soon as I get off it looks like it has snowed 2 inches or so. There is hail everywhere, there are cars in ditches, and people had gotten out of their cars and run under the underpasses. So I just keep driving looking around at the sky looking for this thing. I look at the people to see if their all looking in the same direction. Nothing! All this time I am on the phone with my husband who is at the airport getting ready to board to fly to TX for the week. I am FREAKING out. Do I stop and go inside somewhere? Do I keep driving because if it is on the ground I can drive quickly in the opposite direction? I am just wishing my car to go faster so I can get to the house. ALL OF A SUDDEN ALL I CAN SAY IS “OH MY GOD!” My husband hears this and starts yelling what’s the matter are you ok? At that very moment a funnel just came falling from the black clouds straight in front of me. Now when I say in front of me I mean a couple miles down the road in front of me. Not a few feet or anything. However just as scary! I immediately turn left. Again just the street I need to be on. I haul ass to the in-laws, who by the way or out of town on vacation. So I get there not caring to find the tornado anymore I had seen enough for the day. I quickly get in the house and get the dogs in and head to the basement. I turned on the TV and watched the weather until the Tornado Warning was lifted. Now I do have to say if nothing else. No matter how scared you are 5 dogs all cuddling around you sitting on the floor has to make anyone feel better. So come to find out that particular funnel cloud never touched the ground but hung out for a while. The way to road was and the trees flying I would have said that sucker was on the ground. There were also 3 other funnel clouds that feel out of the sky.


So a very eventful weekend!


On top of it all I remember why I hate Clomid. Hot flashed suck! The crazy hasn’t kicked in but I give it a week!

No comments: