Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wow!


How things get so crazy so fast! So I have been living out of 2 places for the past 2 weeks. Staying at my in-laws house while their gone has made me realize how much I missed being in my own house. I know for certain we made the correct decision to build. So we have 2 weeks down and 1 to go. I am so ready to be in one place again.
Next week however will not be getting any easier. J is leaving Tuesday for business and won't be back until Friday. Friday I am going to an industry event that evening. I am so excited. My local IIDA (International Interior Design Association) is putting on an event called Pret a Porter.


This above was actually made out of flooring-VCT (Vinyl COmposite Tile.) The stuff you see in most hospitals!


Vendors team up with designers and the designers have to make an outfit for a runway show only out of vendors materials. For example. If a designer gets the vendor Interface then they have to make an outfit completely out of carpet. How fun does that sound! Wow I just realized how much of a design nerd I am. After the show there is a huge cocktail party. Networking, networking! You never know who'll you will meet!

So while I am out at this fun event 2 friends of mine are going to be out at my loft getting ready for the party we are throwing the Saturday night on my roof. We are having a cocktail party on the roof of downtown. How much fun is this going to be! So I am busy preparing for this also. Then we are going to a HUGE football party the SUnday for NFL kickoff.

So in other words wish me good luck to survive the next week. It's going to be a busy one!.



Oh I am going check progress of the house tomorrow. Should have a new picture!

No comments: