Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Women have been having babies for centuries why haven't they figured something better out?

So we had our second birthing class last night. It totally crossed the line of way more information than I needed to know. I am not stupid I have always known how he was coming out but reality is really starting to set in. Scared Sh!tless is the best term to describe my current mood. The nurse described epidurals last night. Freaked J out because he didn't know they keep the catheter in you, and freaked me out because they have to tell you all the side effects and rare cases. So now I don't know what's worse, my fear of the pain or my fear of the epidural. So J tells me on the way home how nervous the epidural makes him and anything with the spine freaks him out because the margin for error is so tiny. And I calmly explain that he is not the one who is going to have a needle shoved in his spine so I don't know what he is freaking out about. His response, "Well if something happens to you and you end of paralyzed I am the one who has to take care of you." I know what he was meaning but he's lucky I love him or he might have died right there on the road home last night. He felt really bad the rest of the night he kept telling me I was going to be fine and you can't worry about the what if's. He realized he didn't make the situation better he only freaked me out even more. So I am officially in scared sh!tless mode. Please feel free to help me calm down.

1 comment: