Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saying Goodbye

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!!" So it's my last hours on a quite weekend just playing around on the Internet in my house. As I think back to some of the wonderful things that have happened while we lived here I can't help but think of all we have overcome and the people Jase and I have become together. We have gone through our first Thanksgiving that I cooked, finding out we were pregnant, Jason and I both enjoying promotions, our 1st and 2nd wedding anniversary, and meeting friends that can never be replaced. We have also gone through the loss of my grandfather and the loss of a pregnancy. When I tally it all up in my head we have had many more good things than bad. Threw all of these good and bad memories there has always been one thing.......... our friends! I wouldn't love anything more than to take the friends we've made here and pack them in boxes. They are the people that have helped Jase and I become the people we are. No other friends that we make in the future will EVER compare to the ones we had here. I wish nothing but happiness, laughter, and a few girlfriends for a few of you. I will always have a special place in my heart for you! As you know me I am sitting here as tears flow just thinking about saying goodbye. As much as I have disliked where I have lived you guys made it so much fun. So knowing I won't be able to tell you these things I wrote them, I wrote them down so you can truly know how much I care. There are some of you that were there when the marriage road had a fight and you were my shoulder and sounding board. Others were there when it was time just to have a good time and make me laugh. Then others were there when I didn't think I would make it another day at work. You know who you are and I will miss you, and as much as I try to express my feelings there are no words.........I just have to hope on this road not taken by others that our paths will cross again someday!


The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments: