Tuesday, March 3, 2009

If my kids are like my husband, I am SCREWED!

So this past weekend my wonderful husband took me and one of our friends up to the mountain to go snowboarding. We had a blast! I had a rough start with wrapping myself around a tree after my bindings broke and being so frustrated I had to quite on Day 1. Believe me it was for the best. I have anger issues. I don’t fail, never had and never will. So when things aren’t going my way I get what my husband calls “frustrated.” That’s the nice explanation. I call it anger! But I digress. So we are on the mountain Sunday and I am kicking this mountains butt! Yeah I told you I don’t fail. Well my friend and husband decide to take a few more runs. They check in and tell me they are making just one more run. (Now in hindsight, this is where I should have said, if you think you have one more in you it’s time to stop, seeing this is usually when bad things happen. But he’s doing well having fun, ahh let’s let him have one last hoorah on the mountain.)  Well about 30 minutes later I see our friend come down but no Jason. My heart sank in my stomach. Our friend comes over and tells me he has good and bad news. Just tell me what’s the matter? He tells me Jason’s not going to want to come down the mountain anymore today, but they are bring him down in the toboggan. WHAT?! Apparently Jason was trying to be a daredevil and going too fast and slammed his shoulder into the mountain. So we literally had a rocket scientist check him out in their little first aid station. Told us he was OK but should get it checked out. As soon as we walked out we drove to the ER. He had no choice he was going. The whole way there he was moaning and complaining. “I don’t need to go. I’m fine. Yada Yada Ya” No you dumb man you are going. Well after 3 hours and I’m sure hundreds of dollars later, (I dread that bill!) He has a separated shoulder in a sling and is now on Percocet! Let me tell you getting him home in bed and asleep was a chore. However Jason on painkillers equals funny. If I hadn’t been so tired I might have actually laughed. The last thing before he fell asleep I heard was, “I am so happy!” My response, “Yeah I know you are you cracker now go to sleep.” Oh how we don’t lack adventure in our family. Please have mercy on me if our children take after him!

No comments: